My absolute favorite novel (or possibly anything ever) is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I first read this book when I was 15, and I find it a constant source of happiness. It is the very ideal of a book for me. The above picture was taken in the long gallery at Haddon Hall, and there are no words for how thrilled I was to be standing there! In addition to keeping up to date with everything Jane Eyre, I have a book blog called Bookish Whimsy, where I talk about books and the other things I love. I live in California, and work in the sciences.
If you have answered the Jane Eyre Questionnaire (thank you!) here are my answers in case you were curious:
- I did love the novel the first time I read it.
- I picked it up after reading Wuthering Heights on a whim.
- My favorite adaptation is the 1973 miniseries (followed closely by the 2011 film)
- The first adaptation I watched was the 1996 film, which I still have a fondness for.
- My least favorite adaptation is the 1997 film.
And about this website: I first created it in 2006, with just a simple page of comparisons and opinions on the different adaptations I had seen. As I collected more bits of information relating to Jane Eyre, I thought it would nice to put them up someplace, and my Eyre Guide website seemed the most suitable.
Contact me: email@example.com